Fashion Week Q and A with FashionPulse
This is just a quick Q and A I did with Fashion Pulse about my experience at New York fashion week and all the craziness!
1) Who was your favorite celebrity sighting? My absolute most favorite celeb sighting was at the Patrica Field fashion show! First of all it was a fabulous party atmosphere put on by MAO PR full of drag queens and fashion superstars. I was in the front row sandwiched between Judith Light, Becki Newton, Ana Ruiz and Vanessa Williams (all from Ugly Betty) they were so hilarious and nice.
2) What collection just completely blew you away during NY fashion Week?
I have to say my favorite collection was Christian Siriano. I was so proud of him I cried like a baby. He took his concepts to a whole new level. The construction was so complicated and gorgeous. He took the concept of puff sleeves and opened them up into strips of fabric. So fierce. Every look was absolutely amazing! I also loved Rubin Singer and for men I thought John Crocco pulled out an amazing collection for Perry Ellis. He really pushed the aesthetic of the Perry Ellis brand and was more fashion forward then I’ve ever seen. I loved the khaki fabric with the embroidered polka dots. I missed Diane Von Furstenberg and I was so bummed. I heart her!
3) Which collection did you see was most “out there,” politely speaking?
4) Can you reveal something funny you overheard inside of the tents? I once overheard someone talking “trash” about the designer, unbeknownst to the “trash talker” that the designer’s family was sitting right next to her!
OOPS! Everyone in fashion loves to rip and it’s all objective. There is no right answer when it comes to style.
5) What was your favorite freebie?
6) Was there a particular trend you saw that you loved?
7) Had any weird requests or comments from fans that you met duringt the week?
8) How did you “decompress” after fashion week? (I headed out of town, even if it was just to Connecticut, for the weekend!)
9) We heard that you and Kevin Christiana have something in the works – can you reveal a bit about it to us?
10) When you have your next show, who are the three people you would most definitely have in the front row?
11) And last, of all, we’d love for you to analyze three looks from New York Fashion week for us: can you tell us in 1-2 sentences anything that immediately strikes you about the construction, color composition, difficulty, overall styling/aesthetic, etc! Do you love the look, hate it, or are neutral
#1 I am a child of the 80-s nand 90s and I loved the original Herve Leger and I am digging the update. I takes a killer bod to wrap yourself in ace bandages but I love the shimmer and it would make a woman look gorge! #2 Like I mentioned earlier I thought this collection was very conceptual rather than wearable. I liked some of the prints and some of the great military details but I don’t think you will be seeing crotch ruffles on the streets any time soon.
#3 I really like this look by William Rast. I would wear the entire look. Denim seems to be moving away from the overdone back pocketing and the dark washed and back to the distressed look of the 80’s. love the tee and the jacket.